The Holy Gospel according to the Prairie Messiah

Like a myth you rode in from the west. From the go you had my button pressed. Did the tea-time of your soul Make you long for wilder days? Did you never let Jack Kerouac Wash over you in waves?

Monday, November 20, 2006

Can't you hear them bells ringin', ringin'. Joy, don'tcha hear them singin'? When it's snowin', I'll be goin' Back to my country home.

For the last week or so I was confused as for plans for Christmas decorations for the house. I finaaly decided on a simple advent wreath for the front door. I chose a pre-lit wreath and colored bows instead of using candles as so not to burn the house down. Since purple and a pink (the traditional colors used) bows were not available, I felt fortunate to find some royal blue (the acceptable modern substitute) bows. So, the first blue bow will be installed and the wreath will be lit upon the evening of November 27 with another blue bow being put on in the successive weeks approaching Christmas with a big silver bow going smack in the middle on Christmas eve. I really secretly want to get some baby blue "It's a boy!" ribbon to put on it to. ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home