The Holy Gospel according to the Prairie Messiah

Like a myth you rode in from the west. From the go you had my button pressed. Did the tea-time of your soul Make you long for wilder days? Did you never let Jack Kerouac Wash over you in waves?

Thursday, April 26, 2007

When I think of heaven, I think of dying. Lay me down in a field of flame and heather, Render up my body into the burning heart of God.

Quoting Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Maybe so Forrest, but have you ever sampled a chocolate that was so pleasant, exotic and delicious that even discarding the wrapper that it came in seemed extremely distressful? The next thing you know, what should have been a simple trip to the wastebasket has become a full-blown graveside service hosted by the best funeral home in town and you are way too sad to be dancing the second line because that wonderful treat that you delighted is now destined to your lower bowels for a crappy reincaration.

What in the hell do you do then, Forrest?!...





SIGH!

And that's where I'm at today, boys and girls.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki, where are you?!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home